Vegetable Stew is a lightly spiced and aromatic stew mixed with vegetables, spices, and coconut milk. Making delicious food is easy; it takes around 55 minutes to appropriately backed.
- Veg stock 1 cup
- Potato peeled 1 medium
- Onions peeled 2 medium
- Carrot peeled 1 medium
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch piece
- Bay leaves 2
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 teaspoon
- Black peppercorns 5-6
- Cloves 3-4
- Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch piece
- Crushed black peppercorns 1/4 teaspoon
- Green chillies slit 2
- Thin coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Thick coconut milk 1 cup
- Coconut oil 3 tablespoons
- Cashewnuts broken 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves 5-6
- Take a pan and Add 1 bay leaf, ginger garlic paste, salt and water and cook till the pressure is released two times.
- Thinly slice one and a half onions.
- Heat 2 tablespoon coconut oil in a deep nonstick pan. Add fennel seeds, black peppercorns, cloves,
cinnamon stick, bay leaf and sauté till fragrant.
- Add sliced onions and sauté.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into one inch cubes.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and slit green chillies to the pan and sauté.
- Add chopped potatoes and carrots and sauté.
- Add green peas and ½ cup water and cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or till vegetables are done.
- Add thin coconut milk and salt and stir. Cover and simmer for two minutes.
- Add stock and crushed black pepper and cover and cook for two minutes.
- Slice the remaining onion.
- Add the thick coconut milk to the stew and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and keep aside.
- For the tempering heat remaining coconut oil in a nonstick pan. Add curry leaves, broken cashewnuts
and sliced onions and sauté till golden brown in color.
- Pour the tempering into the stew and serve hot.