& ACHARI ALOO RECIPE
Palak Puri & Achari Aloo are attractive and delicious food cooked with Palak and wheat. The puri looks green due to the palak add inside it. The food is rich in iron and consist of enough nutrients.
- Baby potatoes boiled and peeled 500 grams
- Vinegar 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies 4
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds (kalonji) 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Black salt (kala namak) 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 3 teaspoons
- Grind together fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and red chillies to a coarse powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan till it begins to smoke. Add cumin seeds, onion seeds and sauté for half a
minute. Add turmeric powder and potatoes and stir. Add garlic paste and ginger paste and quarter
cup of water and mix.
- Add the ground spices, salt, black salt and sugar and mix well. Add vinegar and quarter cup of
water and cook till dry.
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 200g palak
- 1tsp ginger chopped
- 1-2 green chilli
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1tsp salt
- Oil for frying
- Heat water in a pan. Once the water comes to a boil, add palak and cook for a minute.
- Drain the water and run the palak under cold water.
- Drain the excess water and add the blanched palak in a blender along with ginger and green chilli
and make a smooth puree.
- Add whole wheat flour, maida, roasted cumin powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add palak
puree and mix well.
- Make a medium soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan.
- Make small balls from the dough and dust and roll to make 3-4 inch puri. Once the oil is hot, deep
fry the puries from both the sides.